- Location: Indianapolis (officially an "Away" match)
- Attendance: -
- Final Score: 2-1 L
- Starting XI: Cardona, Franco, Falvey, Miller, Keller, Ring, Smart, Junior, Speas, Vukovic, Zayed
- Substitutions: Goldsmith 46' (Junior); Ubiparipovic 46' (Miller); Thompson 60' (Smart)
- Unused: Busch, Watson-Siriboe, Lomeli, Ables
- Goals: Goldsmith 82' (assist Thompson)
- Bookings: Miller 30' (Yellow); Ubiparipovic 65' (Yellow); Keller 70' (Yellow); Falvey 86' (Yellow)
- Adage goals: Two
Much like the team, I've run out of ideas. The injury bug was a thing this year, but the team is mostly healthy, with the obvious exception of Braun. Yet, there were only periodic moments from this team today where they looked to be on the same page and played cohesively. Puerto Rico FC got on the board early in the 5th minute on a goal by Rivera after a botched clearance by Ring and that helped them ride their way to a victory, something they haven't done since mid-August. If you weren't in attendance, the PRFC players celebrated at the end of the game like they have been living out of their suitcases and had lost 7 of their last 8 games, which is exactly where they find themselves and the run-of-form they've had recently. A goal in the 43rd minute by Welshman, again a result of a poor clearance, and the PRFC had their game winner, enough to withstand a late push by the Eleven and an 82nd minute goal by Goldsmith.
The BYB had some orange smoke during pregame in support of Puerto Rico, which I tweeted about and received the normal likes/retweets and the required "looks cool, but the BYB is weak" response. Which I can no longer find, for some reason... Before I move on from this though, the comment was from an Armada fan. A squad that looks like they have a sell-out for tomorrow's game against the Cosmos, but had an official attendance of 780 people in a mid-week game against the same PRFC. Why can't people just appreciate a good gesture without throwing stones in glass houses?
Falvey got his GK involved early (1st min) with a nervy pass back to Cardona.
Missed clearance by Ring 5th minute caused goal. Nothing Cardona could do.
Cardona making Franco work early. Strong throw and pass.
20th minute - Vuko moved to LB, Keller moved to holding mid.
SHOOT THE BALL!
Long run by Franco in 45th minute wasted by Zayed.
Took all the way to 56th minute for Zayed to get called offside. Moral victory?
70th minute - moments of good soccer. Just few and far between.
BYB has some unique chants this game.
- Theme from M.A.S.H. played during a PRFC injury time in 28th minute.
- "Buy her a beer!" after BYB member was hit in the face/beer by a shot.
- "Leave her alone!" after a second shot went in her direction just a few moments after she was hit.
79th minute - long balls for Ubi to chase is not a good strategy.
82nd minute - Goldsmith goal created by Thompson taking on defender and going to goal.
84th minute - Goldsmith off the woodwork.
So that's it. That's what a blog writer, or at least this blog writer, jots down while trying to enjoy a soccer game. Seems like it would detract from the enjoyment of the game a bit, doesn't it?